Monday, March 14, 2011

Day One: Pack and Go!

Captain Grumpy:  Today was a day like any day...or was it?  Of course it was.  The kids were at school, the wife was working, I was supposed to be working...but in between teleconferences and emails and briefings, I was doing my "honey-do" list and taking care of last minute arrangements for our trip.  Not to mention getting Mother Superior's car looked at by a mechanic and getting the quarterly treatment for the BMSB at our house...which is another story altogether.  I had a short to do list:  pick up food, drop it off at our friends' house, pick up wife's shoes from the cobbler, pick up kids, pick up wife, eat dinner, pick up cousin, go to the airport, give car to cousin, and get on a plane... Nothing to it.  Except the flood in Denville; Except the extra side trips to get items we've forgotten; Except the traffic.  Anyway, we made it to the airport and were on the plane.  Wait...there was also the iphone left in the President's Club that we realized after we were on the plane.  No worries.  They let me get off the plane to fetch it.  No security alarms were sounded...yet.  Off to Hungary, or as we are referring to it…Tengo Hambre.

Mother Superior: Today we started our vacation to Central Europe.  Our enthusiasm was dampened by the horrific Tsunami and quake that struck Japan.   Will the search and rescue efforts be successful?  How will they distribute drinkable water to all the victims?  Will the nuclear reactor have a meltdown?  Will our humanity allow us to help beyond borders and political interest?  I finished teaching and we gathered in the parking lot.  Captain Grumpy and I consolidated our suitcases into one car before heading to an early dinner.  Kyoto was closed, so no sushi for us.  We settled for Nonna's Ristorante.  The airport was uneventful and the flight was very smooth.  Earlier though, I spoke with Sister Superior while waiting at the President's Club.  Her husband was not doing well.  Once again, his fever was up.  I'm worried about my sister.  The weight of his medical situation is draining her emotionally and physically.  I'm thankful my parents went to visit them at the hospital.  I want to make my way to Ohio when we get back from Budapest, Vienna, and Prague. 

Monkey Hat:  Today, Dad came to our school and picked us up.  Next we went to N.A. and Mom joined us and we ate at Nonna’s.  We then picked up our cousin and drove to the airport.  We walked to the club and got snacks.  At last it was time to go.  We got on our plane and took off.  P.S.  Mommy forgot her phone in the club and Dad went back to get it.

Princess:  Dad picked me up.  We picked up our cousin.  I ate pasta and cucumbers.  Then we went to the airport. We went to the plane.  On the plane I colored.  I watched TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment